Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended beginner courses/ What to learn?

Options
  • 10-06-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Recently I've been thinking of getting back into coding. I have a degree in software development but that is over 10 years ago now and havent touched it since. At the time it was based on C# and SQL. Needless to say its pretty much well forgotten.

I've been toying with the idea of maybe getting back into a bit of coding, do some small online courses, projects in my own time etc.

I want to start completely fresh, maybe there are bits I'll remember along the way, maybe not. So in terms of languages to learn, what do people recommend? What are most companies looking for these days? Secondly any resources that you would recommend? Places like Udemy etc?

Appreciate any info.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd suggest brushing up on SQL and C# again. Java is still fairly relevant these days. Then it depends on what you're interested in Web Development or Scripting Languages. So you could consider React JS and Python.

Advertisement