Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing Gelatin B/W Photographs for display

Options
  • 10-06-2020 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Any photographers out there? I've posted a couple of threads on Photography section but no response.

I need a bit of advice how to safely store large B/W gelatin photographs so that they can be stored and viewed (in a folder) when needed whilst ensuring that they are also kept safe from deterioration. I'm not planning on framing them yet.

They are quite expenseive and potentially fragile photos (vulnerable to finger print damage etc)

So basisicaly looking for recommended storage/display folders that will not compromise the chemical content of gelatin photographs, either purchased locally or on line.

Thanks

Advertisement