Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk splitting orders - Parcel Wizard

Options
  • 10-06-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

More often then not lately Amazon.co.uk have been splitting any orders I make into two to 'ensure you get a quicker service at no cost to you' even though I make sure all products are marked as sold and distributed by amazon eu sarl. This is messing up Parcel Wizard and I end up having to page postage down twice which negates the whole purpose of routing through NI to get free shipping. Is there any way to stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭wench

Not really. They may be coming from different warehouses, so Amazon just dispatch them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

wench wrote: »
    Not really. They may be coming from different warehouses, so Amazon just dispatch them directly.

That's a bit of a pain in that case. I'm now going to have to pay 3.85 just for a little thing of glue that I added onto the order to just get free feckin shipping :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you spend over ?£25 you get free shipping anyways no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

ED E wrote: »
    If you spend over ?£25 you get free shipping anyways no?

Free shipping isn’t really the issue.

There is a long thread on here where it is clear that Amazon are prioritising dispatching of orders to the UK, plus more and more items won’t ship to Ireland.

Using the NI Parcel Motel address speeds up dispatch from approx 10 days to 1 or 2 days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There is a long thread on here where it is clear that Amazon are prioritising dispatching of orders to the UK, plus more and more items won’t ship to Ireland.

Using the NI Parcel Motel address speeds up dispatch from approx 10 days to 1 or 2 days.

So if you want it sooner by using a forwarding service then be prepared to pay extra for that service, Amazon simply cannot garuntee that all items will be shipped together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭shivermetimber

Cabaal wrote: »
    So if you want it sooner by using a forwarding service then be prepared to pay extra for that service, Amazon simply cannot garuntee that all items will be shipped together.

I'm not concerned about shipping times. In my cases it's as Rodney said, using the system to get items that do not ship to Ireland as standard which seems to be an increasing amount recently.

Fine if PM hadn't slowed down :pac:

They used to have a setting you could click to ensure orders where shipped together but that seems to have been removed.

They used to have a setting you could click to ensure orders where shipped together but that seems to have been removed.

You could request, never ensure.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

ED E wrote: »
    You could request, never ensure.

I used to use this all the time for environmental reasons to cut down on packaging, multiple journeys etc. They have actually gone from bad to worse in the packaging department. Yesterday I received a single roll of PVC builders tape in a box with with paper packaging inside another box if you had ordered it anywhere else it would have been in a bag. Its incredible at this stage they haven't automated it better.

• Advertisement

I used to use this all the time for environmental reasons to cut down on packaging, multiple journeys etc. They have actually gone from bad to worse in the packaging department. Yesterday I received a single roll of PVC builders tape in a box with with paper packaging inside another box if you had ordered it anywhere else it would have been in a bag. Its incredible at this stage they haven't automated it better.

I think that Amazon know what they are doing :pac:

Amazon have more than 1 warehouse from where they post the millions of different items that you can buy from them

you can't control how many packages you get - that is the summary of the situation

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It must have been a made up option in your mind so :D

Why, because Amazon will always ship items seperate if they are not in stock in the one warehouse.

As for packaging, its a can't win situation. You ship an item with not enough packaging and people moan, you ship it with too much and people moan.
    If you ship it in manufacturer packaging people can also moan as they'll complain about labels on the box.

Hard for any company shipping stuff to please everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Cabaal wrote: »
    It must have been a made up option in your mind so :D

Why, because Amazon will always ship items seperate if they are not in stock in the one warehouse.

As for packaging, its a can't win situation. You ship an item with not enough packaging and people moan, you ship it with too much and people moan.
    If you ship it in manufacturer packaging people can also moan as they'll complain about labels on the box.

Hard for any company shipping stuff to please everyone

It used to be an option, may have been years ago. Either they had fewer warehouses so less likely to span multiple warehouses, or they had the same items in stock in each warehouse back them... it wasn’t guaranteed though.

I ordered a LEGO advent calendar last Christmas, it arrived in a plastic bag. Needless to say it was battered. I contacted them, requested a replacement, it arrived... in a plastic bag. So I contacted them again...

Their choice of packaging sometimes shows a distinct lack of common sense. I have also received a large box containing a tiny item. LEGO sets are regularly damaged as the larger Amazon boxes themselves are poor quality and can easily be crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

It used to be an option, may have been years ago.

Its still an option at the checkout stage for some orders from same fulfillment center to PM, Addresspal and PW.

They now say 'fewer boxes and fewer trips to your property' or something like that.

However I have found .. whilte it indicates in the basket they will be delivered together, immediately after placing the order you will often find they have split it anyway which is especially annoying if you get hit with multiple charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Has anyone managed to find a way around this yet?

I had an order split into 4 separate shipments recently. Meaning I had to pay 4 PW delivery charges, instead of just one... very irritating. Even though there was an option, which I selected, to pick a delivery date and get everything shipped together... nevertheless, they still split it anyway.

I would be perfectly happy to wait for a longer shipping time, rather than pay 4 times for my delivery. Does anyone know if there is another service I could use rather than parcel wizard for UK orders?

Advertisement