Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated gates, want them to close after car drives in

Options
  • 06-06-2020 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Have automated gates, great job. However, have to close them with a fob or keypad. Would like them to close as soon as car enters or leaves. Will I have to get installer back to do that? Is it much more expensive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Cal04 wrote: »
    Have automated gates, great job. However, have to close them with a fob or keypad. Would like them to close as soon as car enters or leaves. Will I have to get installer back to do that? Is it much more expensive

Easiest way to do it is probably the auto close setting if the controller has one?

You could time it to close say 30 seconds after they open. The beams should prevent it from closing if the car is still in the opening. I open and close mine by fob also, but i don’t have the intercom in yet so we leave them open if we are expecting someone.

However, when the intercom does go in I’m planning to put a loop in the tarmac up the drive. When a car passes leaving, it will open the gate. When it passes arriving it will close the gate of the timeout has elapsed by then.

My unit is a FAAC and seems to be easy to configure. But the loops would need the installer back to fit and cut driveway, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Thank you..I might just get the installer back to amend this

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Cal04 wrote: »
    Thank you..I might just get the installer back to amend this

Probably best, especially if you have only got it fitted recently.

Advertisement