Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Retrogaming console

Options
  • 05-06-2020 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Anyone buy this console? From this website. Looks like a great price for all the games. But wondering if its a scam or if the product is not as good as its making out.

Was looking for something like this instead of buying all the consoles separately.

post edited by Moderator to remove link in title

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

It looks like a Raspberry Pi with a case and controller...I'm not seeing how this represents value for money? Legally they must be on rocky ground as they are bundling licensed games.

You could buy a Raspberry Pi and do this yourself for a lot less, roms are easily available. Or use a Shield TV or other Android box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Anyone buy this console? From this website. Looks like a great price for all the games. But wondering if its a scam or if the product is not as good as its making out.

Was looking for something like this instead of buying all the consoles separately.

It's a chancer selling a raspberry pi and a case, along with stuff he/she downloaded from the internets.
    That's probably about 60 euro worth of stuff for a massive premium to people who don't know any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Il leave it.
    Ive never bought retro before so it seemed like a bargain so he must be making a few quid if there's people out there like me that thought this.

Il look elsewhere I'm not very techy with all this stuff. Haha

Edit. I Apologise for the link in the title

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There are hundreds of tutorials to show you how easy it is to set one of those devices up for yourself.
    It's not terribly hard and done in no time.
    Alternatively, just buy a SNES Mini and use one of the simple hacking techniques to install every game you might want on there.
    It's very simple, the controllers are great and you'll be playing great games in no time.

Advertisement