Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rack for Renault Clio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Saris Bones seems to be the go-to choice around these parts.
    They're available for one, two or three bikes.
    Check compatibility with Renault Clio, there can be a problem, if car has a rear roof spoiler.
    I assume, you don't have a tow bar

https://www.saris.com/product/bones2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They look great - have an estate with roof rails on the car, would it better to get one of these or stick the bikes up top? I assume you'd have to remove the rear rack to open the boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

No, you can open the boot with the rack attached.
    They are available in different colours.
    Personally, I think bikes look better on the roof. Be careful with indoor car parks, barriers etc.
    I reckon a Saris 2 would work out cheaper than a two bike roof carrier.
    A Saris Bones 2 is 125 yoyo on Wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Have a Google for Hollywood racks as well. I have a 3-bike one here that never got used but it's for saloon cars with a boot unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Are the ones from Halfords any good? If so, they'd a cheaper option.
    I'm looking at getting a bike rack for an SUV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've a Hollywood rack that I use on a hatchback with a fairly pronounced spoiler from factory, it is a 3 bicycle carrier but will not take a 3rd bike, on my car anyway, no issues otherwise and I've done some decent milage with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mozzarella

Thanks all, really appreciate your advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭positron

I too have an estate with built-in roof racks, and I have been looking into this a bit now that kids bikes are getting too big to fit into the boot, and they are pestering wife to get a bike as well.

Roof racks works out expensive - you need the cross-bars, and then more holders, one per bike etc.

This RockBros suction mounts looks cheaper overall (for up to three bikes) - it's a cheaper version of the SeaSucker I believe. I wonder if these are any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ROCKBROS-Bicycle-Carrier-Assembly-Suction/dp/B0753BRSPX?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Advertisement