Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out sick

Options
  • 05-06-2020 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi , im out sick work related stress they have mailed me givng me an appointment with company doctor via zoom or some video type app which i hate and dont have or want
    No issue talking to their doctor , not happy to do a video online thing ! Do i have to comply ? Phone call is no issue altho nervous about it , any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Hi , im out sick work related stress they have mailed me givng me an appointment with company doctor via zoom or some video type app which i hate and dont have or want
    No issue talking to their doctor , not happy to do a video online thing ! Do i have to comply ? Phone call is no issue altho nervous about it , any advice much appreciated

Given that many doctors are only conducting appointments via video, refusing this could be seen as refusing to comply.

You can, of course, explain that you don’t have the technology to fulfil this request, but if you have a work laptop or smartphone, you are SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Whatever you are using to type on Boards should be able to be used for a video call. Smartphone, laptop, tablet should be able to access the call. Probably best to comply with the video call to save yourself the stress of worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Openmind2020

Thank you , ill download the stupid app lol best to comply i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thank you , ill download the stupid app lol best to comply i suppose

You can join a Zoom call from your browser, no need to download the app.

Advertisement