Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post - divert to different address or hold at a depot??

• 04-06-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Does anybody know if An Post will deliver to a different than on the parcel or hold said parcel at their local depot for collection?

Lenehan's has ship my order sooner than I expected but I cannot be here in the next few days.

The tracking number is not recognised yet on the An Post app or tracking webpage so I don't know the options or if there are any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can send parcels to the locker, mail/packets you dont always get the option.

I've tried to use the lockers before but AP just ignored it and went to the address on the label anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭WastedYouth

ED E wrote: »
    You can send parcels to the locker, mail/packets you dont always get the option.

I've tried to use the lockers before but AP just ignored it and went to the address on the label anyways.

Later when I checked on tracking I got a bunch of options including alternate address.

Never seen such the webpage before - seems like ages ago now and I can't remember much of it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Later when I checked on tracking I got a bunch of options including alternate address.

Never seen such the webpage before - seems like ages ago now and I can't remember much of it. :P

Yep, you can change address or leave a note to put ina partiucular place or if they miss you they will try again in the afternoon/evening in many areas and try again the next day.
    Then you can collect or arrange redelivery.

A lot more customer focussed than before.

Advertisement