Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to become barber and hairdresser

Options
  • 03-06-2020 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Wondering from any qualified barber's and hairdressers what is the best course or route to take I have been looking at courses but I'm unsure as to what will qualify me for employment, do hair salons just accept people who did a course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

hsjsj wrote: »
    Wondering from any qualified barber's and hairdressers what is the best course or route to take I have been looking at courses but I'm unsure as to what will qualify me for employment, do hair salons just accept people who did a course?

You have to do a course. To train to be a hairdresser you would complete a 2 year level 6 course in a Institute of further education college.
    To train to be Barber is a little different, you would need to complete separate diploma's at different levels and courses are normally offered part time.

Advertisement