Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to talk about something very close to my heart

Options
  • 02-06-2020 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

And no, it's not my nipples, but it is an invention that'll take your nipples clean off if you rubbed one of them against your bare chest. In fact, it'll get anything off anything. I'm talking, of course, about the trusty scouring pad.

You might know it as steal wool, a wire sponge or Satan's whiskers. Whatever you know it as, I think we can all agree that we'd be lost without it. And it's a very underrated piece of kit, because I guarantee half the people here don't know what I'm talking about. But man, I keep about 50 of them in the house at any given time. I'd liken them to a professional companion from Bangkok because they're cheap and yet you can do so much with them.

They'd set you back about €2 but save you a fortune on other, more expensive items that do the same job in long run. Just in the last hour or so I've wiped paint streaks off the carpet with them. A scouring pad-less man or woman might call a carpet cleaner of if they're particularly affluent, might get a whole new carpet altogether, but not me, because I had a scouring pad.

Look, it has its limitation; If you get a bit of Frank's hot sauce on your chiffon scarf or something, don't use this item because it will Macho Man Randy RAVAGE your garment. Anything else, though, go ahead and use some Statham bristle and it'll come right off.

I just love them.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Before I knew how sharp they were I nearly took a finger off trying to get one out of the pack at work. Since then I'm scared of steel wool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Scouring.
    They are good alright but not that great. I maybe fall back on them once a year if in a pickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Scouring.
    They are good alright but not that great. I maybe fall back on them once a year if in a pickle.

Ouch.

And yes of course it's scouring. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Now you're scouring me even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Try cleaning your oven door without one. Chore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Risingshadoo

I think this guy is into sadomasochism.

Advertisement