Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Apple TV limit?

Options
  • 02-06-2020 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I moved and eir "upgraded" me to the new Apple TV thing.
    I later went back and told them we wanted the multi room set up and they tell me I can only have it on the main TV and two others :-(

Does anyone know if I buy my own Apple TV, will I just be able to install the eir app and use it like the other TVs?
    How else am I supposed to watch TV if I have more than three in a house?

First world problems indeed but what on earth. Never had this issue before Apple TV..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

barish wrote: »
    So I moved and eir "upgraded" me to the new Apple TV thing.
    I later went back and told them we wanted the multi room set up and they tell me I can only have it on the main TV and two others :-(

Does anyone know if I buy my own Apple TV, will I just be able to install the eir app and use it like the other TVs?

The answer is that yes you can install the eir app on your own Apple TV and use it. You still may not be able to use any more than three at a time. The reason for the restriction may not be technical i.e. it may be rights related and imposed on a software level.

Other services have similar restrictions. Sky will only allow you to have four Sky Q mini boxes and depending on what your main box is you can only watch either one or two of them at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barish

icdg wrote: »
    The answer is that yes you can install the eir app on your own Apple TV and use it. You still may not be able to use any more than three at a time. The reason for the restriction may not be technical i.e. it may be rights related and imposed on a software level.

Other services have similar restrictions. Sky will only allow you to have four Sky Q mini boxes and depending on what your main box is you can only watch either one or two of them at once.

Yeah that's totally fine. I just want to be able to watch things in different rooms when I'm in those rooms!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I should say that I’ve never tried what your proposing. In the situation I’ve done it, only one Apple TV was involved and it was a broadband only subscription. It was a retail bought Apple TV and it actually detected that it was on an eir broadband connection and offered to install the eir TV app during setup.

Broadband only customers can use it to view the eir Sport pack (and for some odd reason TG4).

Advertisement