Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

espares.ie // cpcireland.farnell.com

• 31-05-2020 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I need to buy a crevice attachment for a vacuum cleaner.

I've found two websites that sell universal parts - espares.ie and cpcireland.farnell.com.

Both are actually UK companies but does anyone know if one or both of them ship from a warehouse in Ireland?

Or does anyone know of another website or shop that sells generic parts for vacuum cleaners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Bought from espares a couple of weeks back. It came from the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Bought trom espares a couple of weeks back. It came from the uk.

Was it during the lockdown? Did it take them long to detach it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

yes during lockdown, part was in stock and dispatched within a few days. Took about a week to arrive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both are from the UK. There are no major delays to standard post from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

Turns out there is a vacuum cleaner store about a half hour walk from me but thank you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Fatz1966

Espares.ie are not in Ireland. Don't use them. A friend of mine recently bought something on it; they charged VAT in the UK (which is where they really are), then he was charged VAT and customs charges and an An Post admin charge.

But it's ok, these feckers said that this is included in their T&Cs. You are only supposed to be charged VAT once. What a bunch of ar*e.

Post edited by Fatz1966 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

cpc is UK-based as well. However, they will now only ship goods valued OVER €150 to Ireland because of new UPS issues! They do/did charge Irish VAT. A backwards step if there ever was one!

I ordered from them a couple of months ago before the 150 rule. UPS really gave the shipment a runaround Europe for two weeks before they delivered to me in Dublin. It arrived, exhausted 😂

Advertisement