Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment management/maintenance won’t fix the gate that remains open all night. What

Options
  • 31-05-2020 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I rent an apartment in a gated complex. There are two blocks each owned and managed by a different company. The driveway gate has been acting up since February or March. I’ve written to the maintenance several times and every time they reply to say they’ve informed the manager and he’ll get it fixed but nothing happens.

A few weeks ago I followed up and the response was that he’s checked it and it’s working and that they only look after one block and not the second one (an excuse not to maintain the common areas?!)

There have been bikes And other stuff stolen from the underground car park several times as well as the remote for the gate. So basically the thief has a remote to enter the block anytime, and they just don’t care to change the frequency of the remotes and now the gate is working in daylight but all night long every night the gate is open. I’m rather concerned about my safety and security and I don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,956 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You are a tenant so have to hassle your landlord, the maintenance people shouldn't be dealing with you.

Your opinion is to move or live with issue, the cost and logistics don't make many options viable.

Advertisement