Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats yout TV set up now that on demand is a big part of TV

• 29-05-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. Just wondering what is your TV set up at the moment? Mine is messy. I have a combi box with saorview and free to air. I have a Now TV box for sky movies and netflix. We also a firestick for amazon prime as we got 12 months free with Eir. Is there a simplier set up? Do ye watch more on demand over live TV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The LG tv ranges have the iplayer, itv hub, All4, My5, Prime, Now tv, Youtube, Disney, Netflix, Spotify, Google Play Movies.

The tvs might become outdated after 4 or 5 years but any product would.

With satellite and terrestrial tuners on some of them it can be a great option.

A Fire stick is also excellent value for streaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭decor58

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. Just wondering what is your TV set up at the moment? Mine is messy. I have a combi box with saorview and free to air. I have a Now TV box for sky movies and netflix. We also a firestick for amazon prime as we got 12 months free with Eir. Is there a simplier set up? Do ye watch more on demand over live TV?

Main screen , Saorview TV with Hdd, for saorview recordings, Humax for freesat and recording, Netflix and YouTube, all off a one4all remote. Now tv stick for RTÉ player and VM player, no Amazon. We watch 50/50 V live on demand.
    Kitchen, Walker for TV /sat, Netflix, YouTube, RTÉ player and USB for recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Similar to you OP, I have a combi box for freesat & saorview but in truth I just use in as a backup as I also have an Apple TV via Eir which gives me

EirTV
    Apple TV
    Amazon Prime
    Netflix
    Disney +
    Now TV (I sub to sports every now and again)
    RTE Player
    Youtube
    Plex TV

So if internet goes down I hop on combi box or if I need to record something that cannot be recorded on Eir but other than that I use the apple TV

I also have a Firestick in another room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

The LG tv ranges have the iplayer, itv hub, All4, My5, Prime, Now tv, Youtube, Disney, Netflix, Spotify, Google Play Movies.

The tvs might become outdated after 4 or 5 years but any product would.

With satellite and terrestrial tuners on some of them it can be a great option.

A Fire stick is also excellent value for streaming.
    Does the iplayer and itv player work in the republic ?

Good to see other people’s setups are as messy as mine lol

Does the iplayer and itv player work in the republic ?

Good to see other people’s setups are as messy as mine lol

Itv hub works on the Humax but only since lock down, haven't used it, just into the habit of recording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

decor58 wrote: »
    Itv hub works on the Humax but only since lock down, haven't used it, just into the habit of recording.

Thanks can I ask about recording. Do people use hard drives etc? I haven’t recorded before but my box allows me. Think I’ve to connect an external hard drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The iplayer is not available due to geoblocking but there are means of overcoming it, not allowed to be discussed on this forum.

The itv hub has become available lately. It was once geoblocked as well.

My5 (Channel 5) is geoblocked but All4 (Channel 4/More 4, etc) is available.

I’ve a virgin box and then I do everything else casting via a Shield from an iPad.

Thanks can I ask about recording. Do people use hard drives etc? I haven’t recorded before but my box allows me. Think I’ve to connect an external hard drive

On main screen a 1tb hdd, 500 gb Humax, 64gb on kitchen TV, we don't record too much in the kitchen, no problems so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

We have a Shield attached to our LG "smart" TV (all the smart features on the TV stopped working years ago).
    Also have a Virgin Media TV box, but very rarely use it. Late Late You Show and the Six Nations would be about it.

Our watching is almost exclusively via Netflix, Amazon, YouTube Disney+ and Plex (content stored on a 10TB NAS elsewhere on the network).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I pesonally just use a USB stick but in truth I do not record a lot so I would not need much space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

My TV has nothing but a PC connected to it. I have every movie and TV series ever available for free.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No discussion of piracy here

Advertisement