Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€200 SSE Airtricity Welcome Credit

Options
  • 27-05-2020 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

You have to work hard to get your €200 credit.
    It should be applied automatically (when the first customer payment has been made).

There is no link on your customer account page to request the credit.
    You have to search the internet for a link to request the credit which is due.
    https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/welcome-credit

When you eventually make the requst they should send a confirmation email.
    No email is sent and you are left wondering.

It takes 60 days to apply the credit - It should be near instant!
    The "hard work" continues ... You have to monitor your account closely for 2 months.
    Are they hoping that a proportion of customers will forget to check?

This whole attitude to their customers smacks of sharp practice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

eirman wrote: »
    You have to work hard to get your €200 credit.
    It should be applied automatically (when the first customer payment has been made).

There is no link on your customer account page to request the credit.
    You have to search the internet for a link to request the credit which is due.
    https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/welcome-credit

When you eventually make the requst they should send a confirmation email.
    No email is sent and you are left wondering.

It takes 60 days to apply the credit - It should be near instant!
    The "hard work" continues ... You have to monitor your account closely for 2 months.
    Are they hoping that a proportion of customers will forget to check?

This whole attitude to their customers smacks of sharp practice!

Thanks for the heads up,I won't be going near them so

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Thanks for the heads up,I won't be going near them so

Why these corporates follow such practice of deceiving customers. I call it cheap tactics to take advantage of someone who will forget to chase or miss on reading fine prints.

Ethics are only expected when you work in office. For all other occasions, money rules. Shame!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    I call it cheap tactics to take advantage of someone who will forget to chase or miss on reading fine prints.

Anyone that signs up to a contracted service for a ulility, loan etc without reading the fine print is an idiot.
    The fine print exists to protect the business and the customer so you both know where you stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

I am only guessing but the reason why it they reference 60 days is that it can take that length of time for the actual transfer from your previous supplier to fully go through.

Agree though that it should be applied automatically or the process in how to draw down the credit fully explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Having the same problem myself, contacted them several times through facebook about it and they have said it will be applied to my next bill, we will wait and see, i also filled out the form you linked too so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sugarman20

Upon sign up to SSE Airtricity, new Electricity Customers are eligible for €135 Welcome Credit and new Dual Fuel Customers are eligible for €200 Welcome Credit (the “Offer”) and will be emailed with instructions on how to redeem the Offer.

Did they not email you? 60 days is a bit much.

Advertisement