Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor battery CCTV with local storage

Options
  • 26-05-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm looking for an outdoor, battery operated CCTV camera with local storage. Wifi operation is a bonus but it cannot rely on wifi as some locations will not have connectivity.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Like the OP I am looking for suggestions/recommendations for an outdoor security camera, preferably wifi enabled. There are so many unknown brands on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

WiFi and battery are two things that don't go well together.
    The only half decent one I've tried to date is the Foscam E1.
    It claims a 6 month standby time but you have to turn all the settings down to achieve that.
    See https://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-E1-Wire-Free-Security-Camera/dp/B07DX49GWJ

I've also tried the rough and ready hunting cameras in Aldi. They're fine as far as battery powered goes but picture quality is a lot to be desired and is abysmal overnight when you need it most.

There's a reason why most of the top brands are wired cameras only. To enable features, you need power.

Advertisement