Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Store with electronic parts (switches, thyristors, etc.)

Options
  • 25-05-2020 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Dear All,

Looking for a store in Limerick with electronic components, such as thyristors, cables, switches, etc.
    I frequently shop online (Farnell.ie, Radionics, etc.) But I wondered which store in Limerick has a widest selection of electronic parts.

Thanks.
    Regards

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ricimaki

I don't think you'll find any.

Maplin was the only store I knew of which sold this kinda stuff, but they have been gone a while now. They were also extremely overpriced.

Farnell, Radionics, Digkey, Mouser, etc are great, but can be a bit expensive. Amazon and Ebay have lots of individual components and kits available, which might cover you.

If you need things at short notice, Farnell offer next day delivery. You might need a business account for it, though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

embassy components but not local.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,059 ✭✭✭✭phog

Check with Michael Keyes, Moloney's Yard, between Gerald Griffin St and High St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭geotrig

I recently had to use radionics, shipping was quick 1-2 days but idiotically the 5 items I ordered was sent in 4 packages:confused:, nothing wrong with that ,just didnt seem any bit cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertWW

Thanks guys for your answers and the info.
    Yeah, Maplin was relatively good in terms of selection of some parts at a short notice.
    Indeed, the online shopping seems to be the only option.

Thanks again.
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

https://www.donberg.ie/

These people, Donberg Electronics, have been around for a long time, doing online sales from Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertWW

@ejmaztec
    Thank you. I will check them.

Advertisement