Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Certificate - Date and time of birth

• 25-05-2020 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I was wondering if someone could help me with this query.

I have a Birth Certificate, but it does not contain my birth date, or the time I was born?

Is it possible for me to get this information, if so, where?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

When I applied to the Adoption Authority of Ireland for my non-identifying information among the papers they sent me was a sheet from the hospital I was born in which gave details of my birth such as time, date, duration of labour, weight etc.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

Hermy

Very much appreciate your feedback, have not looked at this part of my life before, so this will be a first step

Thank you for your help

You're welcome CFC - happy to help.

I was in the same boat about nine years ago - best of luck with your journey.

Regarding Irish birth certs, I don't know if it's still the case presently but certainly in the past the time of birth was generally only recorded in the case of twins, triplets etc.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pat Mustard 1111111111111

I would also like to track down my time of birth.

Were you able to find out yours in the end CFC1969?

Is it best to contact the hospital where I was born?

Thanks

Hi Pat,

If you were adopted in Ireland I would suggest contacting both the Adoption Authority of Ireland and TUSLA and requesting you're non-identifying information from both of them. There should be paperwork from the hospital you were born in among the papers they will provide you with which should include details of your time of birth.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
Advertisement