Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garden Building - build now obtain planning later

Options
  • 24-05-2020 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I am a tradesman living in a rural area, co. Meath. I was thinking to build for myself a garden building because there is not a lot of work with the current situation, therefore I have plenty of time do it myself. What I want to ask you is if anybody here built a garden building/shed and then obtained permission from the planning authority?
    My plan is to build it now because I have time and apply for planning retention later. Do you think it's possible? I will obviously take into account all the planning requirements as best as possible so that when I will apply for retention I won't have any issues. I have a very large garden (approx 2000m2), I am thinking at the possibility to even make a separate entrance for this new addition.
    I have to apply for planning because I think it will be larger than 30m2 and in the future I am planning to use it for accomodation, either for myself or rent it.
    So again, my question here is does anyone here has any experience with something like this? Or anyone knows any good forums that I can study/ask about this?
    Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Marius

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

mod note

welcome to the construction and planning forum

We obey the law in this forum.

Either build within the exempted limits or apply for planning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement