Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US Govt protection Saudi Arabia

• 23-05-2020 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭

I think Tucker Carlson is waking up to the fact the US government is hiding a big secret about 9/11. Don't always agree with his politics, but it great his not letting this go and pushing for new answers.

Just posted today. This hoax will collapse if more mainstream news people ask the relevant questions. Is not the US people's fault or people in government fault, there is this rogue group who carried out a covert operation before 9/11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Clearly seems to be that the US Government, across the past 19 years, has been protecting its very strained relationship with the Saudi royal family. They’re a detestable but inescapable ally in the US’s Middle East policy and has been since well back into the Cold War.

The US Government has tried extremely hard to ignore the fact that, clearly, SA was complicit in the attacks. It would mean having to sanction SA and end diplomatic ties if not actual military response. All of those options destabilize geopolitics. The other problem is this type of precedent would see countries the world over suing the United States for war crimes, too, sponsoring state terrorists in other countries, overthrowing governments, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Overheal wrote: »
    Clearly seems to be that the US Government, across the past 19 years, has been protecting its very strained relationship with the Saudi royal family. They’re a detestable but inescapable ally in the US’s Middle East policy and has been since well back into the Cold War.

The US Government has tried extremely hard to ignore the fact that, clearly, SA was complicit in the attacks. It would mean having to sanction SA and end diplomatic ties if not actual military response. All of those options destabilize geopolitics. The other problem is this type of precedent would see countries the world over suing the United States for war crimes, too, sponsoring state terrorists in other countries, overthrowing governments, etc.

The US Government has tried extremely hard to ignore the fact that, clearly, SA was complicit in the attacks (agree)

It would mean having to sanction SA and end diplomatic ties if not actual military response ( If the royal family never knew, these issues can be avoided)

The other problem is this type of precedent would see countries the world over suing the United States for war crimes, too, sponsoring state terrorists in other countries, overthrowing governments, etc ( i don't know if i agree with that, your ally attacks you covertly they must be held responsible)

• Registered Users Posts: 80,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Except when doing so leads inexorably to world war 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Funny that Tucker was one of those (by those I mean many many) considered opposition to the Iraq war as something close to treason. Now he’s a brown noser and a confidant of someone who ran for office using opposition to the Iraq war as a positive.
    Not underplaying any Saudi involvement, but this douche bags attachment to it would make me ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Ipso wrote: »
    Funny that Tucker was one of those (by those I mean many many) considered opposition to the Iraq war as something close to treason. Now he’s a brown noser and a confidant of someone who ran for office using opposition to the Iraq war as a positive.
    Not underplaying any Saudi involvement, but this douche bags attachment to it would make me ignore it.

Ridiculous logic.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous logic.

No. He has a big credibility problem. I try to avoid people like that. Reeks of being a Wind sock.
    Another hilarious aspect of the Iraq war is the campaign against John Kerry when he ran against Bush. Jerome Corsi was one of the people involved in the anti-Kerry narrative based on his Vietnam service. Guess who pops up in the pro Trump conspiracy circles in recent years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Ridiculous logic.

:D I know.

The sad thing is that investigating a cover up for/protection of Saudi Arabia is worth pursuing. A pity the resources spent on free fall and such isn’t used on it.
    If it weren’t for the fact that the Iraq war helped the Iranians have a proxy, I’d say US foreign policy toward Iraq had Saudi Arabia’s interest first and foremost.

Advertisement