Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo XC 40

Options
  • 23-05-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭

New walk around video, quite in depth actually.

https://youtu.be/RE1EIDWtyvA

I like the styling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Looks lovely and xc40 is a great car. But once again the economics don't add up.

An xc40 is 45k give or take. This is 60k.

Even at 2k a year fuel its 7.5 years before you break even assuming all electricity is 100% free.

And this will be in volvo owns words an urban vehicle.

Still, if you can afford this your not trying to save money on diesel.

But I'm sure it will be a great feat of engineer and I would get one.... If I had the cash....

• Registered Users Posts: 64,979 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lantus wrote: »
    Looks lovely and xc40 is a great car. But once again the economics don't add up.

They do add up if it is a company car (zero BIK)

Where do you get the EUR60k Irish price from BTW? That seems expensive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

unkel wrote: »
    They do add up if it is a company car (zero BIK)

Where do you get the EUR60k Irish price from BTW? That seems expensive alright.

Price in Germany and Netherlands is 60 63k as quoted on a few sites.

Most cars are owned by individuals not businesses.......

• Registered Users Posts: 64,979 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Price in Germany and Netherlands is 60 63k as quoted on a few sites.

Our subsidies for EVs are much better than they are in NL. The car should be cheaper here.
    Most cars are owned by individuals not businesses.......

We are not talking most cars. We are talking brand new 50k plus EVs. I'd say the majority of these in Ireland this year are company cars. So yes. Most of these will be owned by businesses, not individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

An xc40 is 45k give or take. This is 60k.

Even at 2k a year fuel its 7.5 years before you break even assuming all electricity is 100% free.

And this will be in volvo owns words an urban vehicle.

Still, if you can afford this your not trying to save money on diesel.

But I'm sure it will be a great feat of engineer and I would get one.... If I had the cash....

Volvo aren't building these drive trains because they think their customers will buy them to save money on fuel in the long run. They have no choice but to build electric and plug in hybrids because of the CO2 fleet average rules foisted on them by the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Nice looking car, would love one of these.

Advertisement