Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a general partnership

Options
  • 23-05-2020 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My friend and I are starting a general partnership with our own names so we dont need to register the name. We have drafted and signed a partnership agreement and we know we have to register the company with the revenue for tax deduction purposes.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if we are missing any legal formalities or if we still have to register the company itself and the steps in doing so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Yes.

You should find out a lot more about what you are doing.

A partnership is not a company.

Drafting a partnership agreement is not something that should be done without a lot of knowledge. In general partnership arrangements are best avoided.

Get a local accountant who can help you sort this out.

If you want to keep the bureaucracy to an absolute minimum, you could both be sole traders but working together.

Advertisement