Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size frame does this need?

Options
  • 23-05-2020 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello, I have just purchased a poster online which I would like to frame. The poster size is 18" x 24" and i would like it in a black frame with glass and with a white border around the poster (like in the picture below).

Does this mean I am looking for a bigger frame size to include the white border? And if so, what size?

Thanks

https://imgur.com/a/3EbSn9O

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What you need to decide is how much Matte you want around your print and the overall size of the final piece.

eg. If you want a 3" Matte then the frame will be about 24" x 30" but often it looks better with a bit more Matte on lower side.

If you want a good job then take it to a Bespoke Framer and they will supply the frame, cut the matte and mount it. When in Dublin I used Steve at 360dpi

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kondo69

Thanks but they are closed at the moment. Does anyone know any other places that could do this? I'd also like it in a glass frame.
    Thanks

Advertisement