Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Grouting Patio with Dansand No Grow

Options
  • 22-05-2020 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭

I have an indian sandstone patio of about 8-10 years old. Over time, the joints became gappy (I think it was set with paving cement) as bits had come away over the years through powerwashing etc. Some of the gaps were very deep.

Chap powerwashed it and used a product called Dansand no grow, which he brushed across the patio and down into the joints. He told me it should set in 24-48 hours.

It is now only 24 hours but the Dansand is not hardened at all and would easily brush away or wash away with the rain over a very short time. I know it has been raining but I would have expected it to firm up by now. I looked up the product and it said for joints up 1-5mm. Some of the joints are probably 20mm and a few are 40-50mm.

Has anyone used this product and can tell me how long it takes to set?

Is this the correct product to regrout patio with gaps that size?

Advertisement