Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MICA and mining /child labour.

Options
  • 21-05-2020 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

MICA is a material used in highlighters etc to give shine or sheen.

https://www.ethicalconsumer.org/health-beauty/problem-mica

I found this list online of companies SUPPOSEDLY not using it or ethically sourcing it (25% of the world supply is unethically sourced).

But i am not posting the list as i am finding conflicting reports. Some people say these companies are using it ethically some say they are not. Its confusing.

LUSH for example said they were committed to not using natural mica but later they found some in their products.

Loreal SAY their mica is either ethically sourced from 2016 on or manmade.

Its up to you whether you want to look into it.

I just thought it was important though. The video got to me.

India is the main source for unethical mica from mines that use child labor.

As I said its up to the individual what they want to do or what list of companies they think is being transparent. Or you can look at the list of the things you buy for Mica.

I love the child parliment Idea.

Advertisement