Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home carwashing kit

• 20-05-2020 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Bought a Nilfisk power washer recently for work around the house but looking to get some kit for washing car. Our washer comes with snowfoam lance so looking to see whats best washer and wax/polisher to get. Have seen Autoglym highly recommended but have seen polar blast/polar wash/polar seal available and unsure whether theres any point in me getting all 3. What would you recommend i buy. Both our cars are black cars so dont know if theres a polish specifically that suits dark colours.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Not sure how good the Nilfisk own snow foam gun is to be honest but normally its recommended that look into proper foam gun for best results.

Polar blast = Snow foam
    Polar wash = seems to be a another pre wash foam according to them, possibly an APC based version/shampoo
    Polar seal = is the post wash sealant to help protect paint.

I going to guess there possibly designed to be used together as washing regime. Meaning Blast, rinse, Wash, rinse, dry, Seal take picture and show off on boards.ie :D:D

Personally I say use Bilthamber products all excellent at what they do, when used right, bilthamber has product sheets on useage for best results on there site.

At end of day though your wallet and time dictates what you prepared to buy/use.

Watch some early youtube videos by AmmoNYC for good how to's and routines and Forensicdetail for some good product reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

mjp wrote: »
    Bought a Nilfisk power washer recently for work around the house but looking to get some kit for washing car. Our washer comes with snowfoam lance so looking to see whats best washer and wax/polisher to get. Have seen Autoglym highly recommended but have seen polar blast/polar wash/polar seal available and unsure whether theres any point in me getting all 3. What would you recommend i buy. Both our cars are black cars so dont know if theres a polish specifically that suits dark colours.

Great video from the Car Cleaning Guru specifically for black cars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4605LU13VK0

Advertisement