Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealers in chrono24

• 20-05-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭

Do verified dealers typically entertain negotiations on advertised price?
    And since prices are in sterling do you ask them for their Euro price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

Do verified dealers typically entertain negotiations on advertised price?
    And since prices are in sterling do you ask them for their Euro price?

I've bought one watch from there. If the suggest a price button is available then you can offer a price. I've messaged a few and they are usually slow enough to drop much..my seamaster I think I got a couple of hundred less than advertised after a lot of back and forth and the seller probably needing to shift

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭CarProblem

Posted this on another thread but sometimes the dealer won't allow you to make an offer, so assume the price is the price
    Ordered the Oris Clean Ocean from Chrono 24 after

Offer below sellers asking accepted so its the cheapest EU based model on the site (though of course other sellers may give a discount too). Works out over 20% lower than RRP so I'd assume Weir's wouldn't have matched. In any case I'm happy with the watch and price and I should have it the week after next

When I made the offer Chrono displayed a "warning" that offers that much below asking are usually rejected so no idea what's typical (the above is based on a sample size of one!)

In relation to FX mine is a euro account and prices are always displayed in Euro. Rate is disadvantageous vs the likes of Revolut and Curve but when I contacted them they confirmed there's no option to pay in the dealers currency (not sure if you can set your account to say GBP if buying a watch quoted in GBP)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thanks folks, I'll check my account settings for the Euro currency, makes sense because the dealer is in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Chrono24 is strange for me. In the app all prices are listed in euro but all shipping costs are based on shipping to the UK even though my address is set to Ireland.

The website lists everything as dollars and it doesn't let me choose any other currency. It shows shipping costs to Ireland.

I might drop an email to some local jewellers to compare prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Chrono24 is strange for me. In the app all prices are listed in euro but all shipping costs are based on shipping to the UK even though my address is set to Ireland.

The website lists everything as dollars and it doesn't let me choose any other currency. It shows shipping costs to Ireland.

Sound like you used the .com site. Try .co.uk I think it should show EUR once you are logged in (and address is in Ireland).

Sound like you used the .com site. Try .co.uk I think it should show EUR once you are logged in (and address is in Ireland).

Exactly, I'm on .co.UK site and once I switched to Euro everything is consistently displayed in Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

So I tried using the co.uk site and it was fine until I logged in. Then it all went back to dollars.

Had to log out, clear my browser cache and log back in for it to work.

Thanks gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Here's a tip. If you are looking at a watch on Chrono24 from a dealer, chances are the dealer also has a website. Shouldn't be too hard to find. On the website, chances are the same watch is listed there too. At a substantially lower price :D

Even if not, you should be able to contact the seller through their own website or via a phone number or email you found somewhere. And if so, you should be able to negotiate a much better deal directly. As they are not due the Chrono24 fees if the watch is not sold through the Chrono24 website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

unkel wrote: »
    Here's a tip. If you are looking at a watch on Chrono24 from a dealer, chances are the dealer also has a website. Shouldn't be too hard to find. On the website, chances are the same watch is listed there too. At a substantially lower price :D

Even if not, you should be able to contact the seller through their own website or via a phone number or email you found somewhere. And if so, you should be able to negotiate a much better deal directly. As they are not due the Chrono24 fees if the watch is not sold through the Chrono24 website...

But remember you do not have the chrono 24 protections either, they can be handy. I think a percentage is a bit much to be honest it should be a flat fee to chrono24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,744 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes be careful with just paying by bank transfer as some continental European dealers might want. Just pay by card and you should have all the protection you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Curious - what is the Chrono24 fee? I thought it was 6.5%?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is that fee on top of the advertised price?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is that fee on top of the advertised price?

I was just about to ask that too, if it is it will probably influence my decision on my list, I've narrowed it down to just 10 models now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

I was just about to ask that too, if it is it will probably influence my decision on my list, I've narrowed it down to just 10 models now :D

No that's the fee the seller pays chrono. The buyer doesn't pay anything on top of the advertised price.

And that's why if you want to contact the seller directly and deal off Chrono24 (and lose their escrow insurance service) you should be able to negotiate a 5-6% discount off the Chrono24 sticker price (before any other negotiations on price).

That's why I want to clarify the seller fees on Chrono...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

LMGTFY didnt even spell it right :D:D:D

Annotation-2020-05-22-100818.png
    facebook pic download

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Am in the process of buying from a dealer on Chrono24. The watch is approx €150 cheaper than retail. And includes fee shipping

There are a couple of Others selling the same but they are charging shipping so works out about €50 dearer

So far it’s going ok.

Am liking the security of the Chrono24 escrow process

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedzer01

I bought one a while back and the dealer threw in the 50 euro voucher for subsequent purchases over 500 euro. Good to know you should be able to cut another 6.5 percent off.

LMGTFY didnt even spell it right :D:D:D

Reason I asked to confirm is that I saw Unkel(?) mention taking 8% off Chrono prices if you deal separately - I was wondering if that was just Unkel negotiating prices or if anyone knew anything other than what I saw as a 6.5% fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

Is it extra for the secure checkout escrow service?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Is it extra for the secure checkout escrow service?

I didn't realize it was optional

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

I didn't realize it was optional

I thought it used be an Optional extra. I could be entirely wrong. Not used the platform personally.

for anyone who has purchased on chrono24 in the past, did ye contact the seller, express an interest in the watch and ask what's the best price/any movement on the advertised price?

I'm looking at an Oris Big Crown ProPilot GMT (Small Seconds) and keeping my search within the EU. So far the UK is coming in with the lowest prices with the likes of Germany charging more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Ive bought 3 watches on Chrono.All from the same dealer but only because they had the one I wanted at a good price. Each time I messaged first and asked what was their best price and they always gave something off the listed price

scwazrh wrote: »
    Ive bought 3 watches on Chrono.All from the same dealer but only because they had the one I wanted at a good price. Each time I messaged first and asked what was their best price and they always gave something off the listed price

perfect, I was thinking of doing the same. Mind you I suppose it depends on the price range of the watch to begin with but no harm in asking I guess.

Advertisement