Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre box 1A 1.0 Bridging

Options
  • 20-05-2020 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've recently switched to Eir and I'm having a little bit of trouble getting it to bridge with my Netgear R7000. I previously had it bridged with a Vodafone HG659 which worked perfectly.

Eir Router
    I've enabled bridge mode on the Eir router and disabled the Wi-Fi radios
    f3k-bridge.jpg

Netgear R7000

Updated the login on the R7000 to eircom@eircom.net broadband1
    route-pic-1.png

Enabled VLAN tagging (this wasn't previously enabled with the Vodafone router but when editing the login alone didn't work I had read that this might help.)
    router-pic-2.png

Any ideas as to why it can't establish a connection?

All the best,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You probably don't need the VLAN tags, the F?3000 should strip that out.

Go for DHCP or whatever the dropdown calls it, not PPPoE. With NGA services from eir you don't have to dial the BRAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Excellent, that worked! Thanks for your help Ed.

For anyone in a similar situation with a Netgear router select 'No' to the question Does your internet connection require a login as DHCP is not an option from the dropdown.

fixed.png

Also, as Ed mentioned do not enable the VLAN tags

ED E wrote: »
    You probably don't need the VLAN tags, the F?3000 should strip that out.

Go for DHCP or whatever the dropdown calls it, not PPPoE. With NGA services from eir you don't have to dial the BRAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hi, just wanted to tag on and ask if anyone has done similar with this router and Google WiFi?

This is for my parents and their needs are simple but we need to extend the awful coverage.

Google Mesh works well for me but I'm with Virgin Media.

Advertisement