Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever been to a trampoline park?

Options
  • 18-05-2020 6:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

They say it's the most fun you can have with your pants on.

lol - just kidding (though there's surely some measure of truth to that).

I was merely contemplating a variety of activities I had long since overlooked and having experienced virus lockdown in full effect, no longer want to take foregranted.

One of them is attending a trampoline park.

One in Swords, one in Sandyford; I'm sure there's a bunch of other scattered around the country.

I'm just curious as to what the actual experience is like?

I see on a website they actually do trampoline related fitness classes.
    As in some trout is stood at the top of the trampoline area with a megaphone and all the soccer moms are bouncing about, trying to slim up etc.
    Sound about right?

I also don't want all 200 lbs of me to come crashing down on some junior trying to get his bounce on, I'm sure ringing ahead to find out what times are quiet etc should solve that issue.

Anyone use these regularly/ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

I've been to a few, wouldn't be jumping up and down about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'd say I'd destroy what's left of my back in one of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think it would be good fun. Personally would be thinking it would be for kids mainly (stupid I know) but would give it a bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

it has its ups and downs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I remember when they called them Oline Parks.

Then your Ma went and they renamed then Trampoline Parks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I remember when they called them Oline Parks.

Then your Ma went and they renamed then Trampoline Parks.

You're dead after school! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I hit the roof when I found out the ceilings weren't high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I read the title 'Have you ever been to the tramp Eileen in the park'

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

it has its ups and downs...

The market will bounce back.

I went to one but had no cash. And then the cheque bounced. No one else would spring for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

any sexy wimmen go there??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Alkers

How old are you?
    I went a year or two ago at 31 and while it was great fun and like being a kid again, I was absolutely crippled afterwards. Could hardly drove back home again and was very sore for the next few days. Two guys in work needed up in doctor & chiropractor!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

I was merely contemplating a variety of activities I had long since overlooked and having experienced virus lockdown in full effect, no longer want to take foregranted.

When I moved to Dublin first I decided to try a bunch of random things too and it was the best thing I ever did. I had never even been on a trampoline before but I tried one of the jump zone trampoline parks. I assumed the regular times would be full of kids so I went with a fitness class. I honestly nearly died, so much harder than I expected.

The best fun ever on a trampoline is in Supersonic, Loughlinstown. I kept that up for years. Proper Olympic level trampolines that can easily take any weight. They teach adult classes from absolute beginners who can't even stand on them up to people doing quadruple flips. I was afraid it would be kids or I'd be the only guy but the week I started it was half full of big bearded lads getting ready to try out as extras/stunt men on Vikings. The profile of people changes every week, highly recommend.

From there I found out about high diving in the national aquatic centre in Blanchardstown. Another crazy sport that everyone says they'd love to try but very few do. Again classes are from adult beginners and up.
    Once you meet a few people there you'll find out about the cliff diving that goes on around Dublin.

I say go for it, and if you find anything else let us know. Also, zero latency is great craic for a simple different night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I've been to a few, wouldn't be jumping up and down about them.

Come on admit it did you loose your bounce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Yes I've been a couple of times. You have to sign a waiver that says you accept the risk of injury and/or death. It's fun for a short while but gets boring fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Yes. Only as a kid though. A few times.

Advertisement