Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make-up for Me Course

Options
  • 18-05-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've always wanted to do make-up course for myself. The only one I can see which is accessible giving the times we are living in - is the Aimee Connolly 4 week online one - has anyone done it? Did it live up to expectations?
    Or are there others out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

I've never done an online course so I don't know how much you could learn from one. No disrespect to Aimee but there's lots of great free resources out there to learn, I'm not sure I would pay for an online course.

Have you ever watched videos on YouTube of professional makeup artists (not bloggers or "gurus")? Lisa Eldridge is one who has some great videos with loads of how tos from choosing and applying foundation to different types of eyeliner. She also does entire looks, some everyday and some editorial.

If you're starting from scratch I'd recommend someone like Lisa Eldridge - watch the videos, see what looks you like and recreate them as you follow along. Then when restrictions lift find a makeup artist who can help you perfect certain things or try different looks that suit your own concerns in a more customised way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Wayne Goss is brilliant too, for explaining how to do stuff and why it works etc. He, Lisa Eldridge as recommended above, and Katie-Jane Hughes would be my top makeup artists to watch for tips and how-to videos.
    Katie-Jane can be a bit of a pain but she gives good product recommendations and interesting alternative application methods etc. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Sharon Farrell is an Irish instagram make up artist living in Austrailia. She has the onlind make school - i joined last year and am currently rewatching the videos - its really good and shes very responsive to questions in the group facebook.

I know a person who did Paula Callans course and that person didnt learn much. I know another who did Aime Connollys and she thought it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh Sharon's great, I can't believe I didn't think of her!
    Must look into the online makeup school, could be just the thing to kill some lockdown hours. Thanks for the reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

There's are many MUA offering makeup classes online with great reviews Charlene Flanagan, Laura Brodrick, Sandra Gillian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I've done Laura Brodericks online class - it was really good and only €30 for 4 weeks. There are so many of them doing it at the moment, but you would have to choose someone who's look you like to get the best out of it in my view. Also some of them are very busy promoting their own products and stores as part of their online course (I did one of them too!).
    Academy 92 had some takeovers on their page from MUA's which looked fab, but a lot of the MUAs they use are very young and I am afraid their party looks are just too extreme for me to be able to carry off at my age!

Advertisement