Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity Leave

Options
  • 18-05-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭

I am nearing the end of 26 weeks (6 week notice to employer) for this. However I do not have a Public Services Card and obviously they are not taking appointments atm.

What can I do here? I don't want these to go to waste.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Do you have a new driving licence (one of the card ones).If you do, they can use that data to put your card together and post it out.(or at least they did that for my husband.Ring them or contact them if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

I rang them and was told I would not need a Public Services Card at all?

He told me that it's only needed for online applications? I just need to fill out the PB1 form they are sending me out and my employer to fill out the PB2 form.

Can anybody confirm this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was in the same situation, and I did not need my public services card. They waived that requirement in light of the COVID situation. So I just filled out the PB1 & PB2 form (with the help of my employer), sent it off to Welfare, and it was all fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Great stuff thanks lads!

Advertisement