Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing a mobile home in a farm shed

Options
  • 18-05-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I've heard that there is a six month limit on storing a mobile home in a field. Is there a time limit on storing a mobile home in a farm shed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

I highly doubt it, and not been smart - but who would know or enforce that?

Re the field - this may well be true, but I know this used to be a great ruse to get planning permission if you said you were living in the mobile home.

Also - if you are genuinely only storing it, the 6 months may not apply! Where are you supposed to store it so?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've heard that there is a six month limit on storing a mobile home in a field. Is there a time limit on storing a mobile home in a farm shed?

9 months, without permission

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/if-i-buy-a-plot-of-land-do-i-need-planning-permission-for-a-caravan-1.3507296%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shedpaddock

The shed itself is enclosed by four walls and a locked door so the mobile home would be unseen. Would this effect the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The shed itself is enclosed by four walls and a locked door so the mobile home would be unseen. Would this effect the situation?

Out of site, out of mind.
    No one will be any the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not in a shed if not being used

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement