Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a Telephone Pole

Options
  • 17-05-2020 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I want to put a gate from a field onto a 3.5 meter public road but there is a telephone poll in the way, which would need to be moved 10 meters along the road. Who would I contact about this and how does the process work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You might get more traction if you change the title to Moving a Telephone Pole

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Was thinking that myself

• Subscribers Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Fixed that.

I was expecting to open the thread and find a poll in relation to telephone service providers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Getting a gate onto a public road is probably a bigger issue unless it's a very small road. What type of public road is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

I have found that it is much more difficult to get a telephone pole moved than it is to get an electricity pole moved. Eir will charge you to move it but ESB will move their's for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

backlane wrote: »
    I want to put a gate from a field onto a 3.5 meter public road but there is a telephone poll in the way, which would need to be moved 10 meters along the road. Who would I contact about this and how does the process work?

Can you move the planned location for the gate 10 meters along the road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

backlane wrote: »

Going to charge you in the region of €2000 to move an eir pole, + or - a couple hundred

Advertisement