Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t go back to work- no childcare

Options
  • 16-05-2020 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi, my employer is asking me to come back to work on Monday. How am I suppose to do it if the Creche remains close? As far as I know we are not suppose to hire child minders either. Even if I was to hire one it would literally be pointless for me to work as I’ll be getting less money then I do now. (I work part time)

I am sure a load of people are in the same boat. What are you guys planning to do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

What about asking a secondary school teen for the summer? We've done that this week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve got a friend in this position who is paying her sister in law to come to their home to mind her little girl. I haven’t asked, it’s none of my business, but I assume she’s paying crèche rates cash in hand and the SIL is claiming the covid payment as she works in the hospitality sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

We have a minder that we use term time only. Summer months we usually use camps and then try and work around each other as it makes no financial sense to pay the minder.
    But we are on wait lists for camps, latest feedback is they might not be cleared to run by the time I return to work. My husband will take annual leave and will work from home the days im gone. Ive swapped a mid week day for a Saturday. So we are trying as best we can to work around each other.
    We have no family help. There are some teens locally that could bridge the gap if needed.

Advertisement