Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubular wheels / tyres advice

Options
  • 15-05-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi, grateful for any advice on running 28mm tyres on tubular, is it possible? Is there any general rule of thumb on rim width to tyre width I need to look at??

Was trying to find a thread called something like "tubular, it works" and lob this in there rather than create a thread but I can't find it, sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

In Cyclocross we run 33mm tubulars on standard road type rims, so running a size 28 will be fine.

Rim profiles can vary but you can adjust the curvature by adding layers of glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835490

Regarding 28mm tyre..is it for road or gravel or cx?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭cletus

I think the thread you are thinking of was "Tubeless road - It actually works"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

koutoubia wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835490

Regarding 28mm tyre..is it for road or gravel or cx?

Road, and having a quick flick through that thread maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether, I'm not even racing......

Just fancy a new set of wheels and have only ever had clinchers. Would only be for the good bike, which only sees the nice weather and sunshine..... Doesn't get a whole lot of use...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Road, and having a quick flick through that thread maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether, I'm not even racing......

Just fancy a new set of wheels and have only ever had clinchers. Would only be for the good bike, which only sees the nice weather and sunshine..... Doesn't get a whole lot of use...

Tubulars are great to ride but come with the pretty major disadvantage of being a nightmare if you puncture far from home. Ditched the tubs and switched to tubeless for road and CX.

• Advertisement
Advertisement