Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The world which China is now retaking?

• 15-05-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I just came across this video which has really opened my eyes to the world in general. I knew quite a few of the bits and pieces contained in it but this really has joined those together and provided a more comprehensive and cohesive undersating for me of the past few thousand years and especially the past few hundred. This finishes with a concentration of information from the past few decades.

Clearly it shows how the world was economically dominated by China for two thousand years. They refused to change into a modern country which lead to their so called 200 years of humiliation.

Over the past few hundred years China has been trying to regain this position and over the past 5 years we are seeing a much more aggresive actions from the Xi Xingping dictatorship.

Trump has been a distraction to world from what China has been doing and USA actions appear to play into China's ambitions, almost to the point of comedy, if it were not so serious. CCP does not like decomcracty or freedom but has ingeniously used our own systems against us.

I have just completed the video so still forming thoughts as it is quite a lot of information to digest. I highly recommend watching it, it has covered the world over the past few thousands years from a China perspective in a fun and informative way.

I watched this for what it is and have put my mind into October 2019 when it was published, putting aside covid events. Has covid done much the perceptions raised here? Are we taking China for granted at our peril?

Would love to hear your views on this and discuss through this thread :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhMAt3BluAU

OP for the video:
    I am sorry you had to wait so long for me to finish this video, I had some reading to do, then write the video, record the audio, and then the editing itself, which took a month and two weeks. But then again, you voted for this video.
    As I described it when I put it up to be voted on, I believe Trump's single biggest failure as a president is his handling of China and the way his ineffective and lack-luster foreign policy allowed for a communist dictatorship to rise and build a superpower within a block of unfree states that can even rival the United States and has by now even found ways to influence the politics of democratic nations.

I would like to underline one thing though. I despise the "orange man bad!" "Dump Drumpf" political culture developing in the United States, in which even Trump's opposition just constantly meanders about pointless and meaningless things rather than actually criticize the president's stupid policies. With that in mind, videos I will be making about the election as 2020 approaches will be more focused on looking at and critiquing actual policies and not about pedantic nonsense. Because I genuinely believe that Trump has been a terrible president, but the reason why the U.S public complains about him has nothing to do with why he is terrible.

I hope you enjoy this video. It's long because I believe for people to understand the gravity of the situation one needs to have a basic understanding of Chinese history going back a few thousand years, from the many Dynasties of the Han, Qing and Yuan, to the century of Humiliation, to the brutal civil war between communists and the Kuomintang, to the founding of the Peoples Republic of China, to where we are now, which is China is a world power that actively challenges America's role in the world. The Belt and Road initiative that builds a new silk road, the Chinese Dream policy, and doctrine, the String of Pearls strategy, it's influence of Australian and European politics, and the way it created and opened markets in African nations such as Kenya are all discussed here in a historical context, that I hope will give you much insight. I hope you will enjoy it.

If you want to vote on the topic of the next video, you have to become a patron. The links to my patreon, PayPal, and discord are in the description below.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Moved to Conspiracy Theories from CA

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Mod

Moved to Conspiracy Theories from CA

Please move this thread back to CA.

This has no conspiracy claims or theories - it is a factual video covering the past few thousands years, ending with a concentration of information over the past 5 years and into current affairs.

Please highlight what is a conspiracy here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Captcha wrote: »
    Please move this thread back to CA.

This has no conspiracy claims or theories - it is a factual video covering the past few thousands years, ending with a concentration of information over the past 5 years and into current affairs.

Please highlight what is a conspiracy here

Mod: If you're not happy to have it here, we can close it.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Mod: If you're not happy to have it here, we can close it.

I would prefer to keep it open but there is no conspiracy here. It is relevant to current affairs and is simply factual. Seems out of place to put it in a different forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Ah boards never fails

• Advertisement

nelly17 wrote: »
    Ah boards never fails

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The Americans need to be careful. US navy flight near China. A trigger happy PLA anti-aircraft battery unit could take it out and spark a war.

https://twitter.com/KimagureGolf9/status/1261148443696697345

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Quite an interesting video. The Chinese government is definitley playing the long game, leasing ports for 99 years etc.
    Very clever how they got around the US tariffs too.
    He never said why China would only accept precious metals and not money: the Chinese were the first culture to use paper money and they found out more than once that it always sends your economy down the drain before long, that's why they banned paper money for centuries.

We will learn the same lesson in the west, our economy has been held together with baling twine for several decades now.

I agree with you OP, this doesn't belong in the CT forum, it is a geopolitical documentary so maybe the politics forum would be the best place for it.

Advertisement