Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardsies Decide - TV's Greatest Character (Drama Edition)

• 15-05-2020 9:19am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In keeping with my current themes of contests, I've decided to run another knockout tournament regarding TV Characters.

Who is truly the greatest character in a TV show?

640x640_7014384.jpg?1567267322

A... Shakespearean of the Small Screen if you will.

For the benefits of attempting to make this a relatively 'fair' fight, I am limiting this to TV Dramas only.

That means that Homer Simpson, Ross Gellar, Uncle Phil et. al are banned.

giphy.gif

Characters from sitcoms, comedies, mockumentaries etc are not eligible for this contest.

We're talking your Tony Sopranos, your Vic Mackeys, your Walter Whites etc. etc.

Because this is likely going to be a monster field, I want YOU to tell me who you want included.

As a result please send me your top SEVEN nominations. I will collate them and include them in the main tournament, possibly allowing for a few Second Chance Showdowns depending on entry volume....;)

Nominations are open as of now and will stay open for at least the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will get my thinking cap on and have some nominations in to you later today or tomorrow

Loving the theme. Better get me thinking cap on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

US & Canada only, or from anywhere in the world?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    US & Canada only, or from anywhere in the world?

Anywhere in the world is fine. Animated too, as long as they were in a drama/non-comedy :)

Just had my first PM submission and there are some fab characters in there I had not thought about or had forgotten, this is going to be fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

too many options, my head is melted, I am just going to sit back and see what is presented, I can't figure out a nomination
    i think i could get 7 nominations out of firefly

eldamo wrote: »
    too many options, my head is melted, I am just going to sit back and see what is presented, I can't figure out a nomination
    i think i could get 7 nominations out of firefly

:D All I will say is your characters may miss out if you don't send some in ;)

30 individual characters nominated so far. 5 have multiple noms already.

entry sent

Incidentally, website 'The Ringer' attempted this recently but did not prohibit comedy characters... here is the result:

tv_character_bracket_michael_scott_winner.jpg

I think I see one of my nominees on that yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I see one of mine too, he did pretty good which gives me hope, surprised not to see at least another 2 of mine on this

Up to 66 characters now, 7 of which have multiple nominations. I'll keep it open till Sunday evening at least, though if anyone has a few extra they want to send on as recommendations feel free to do so :)

Ok overnight we hit 120 characters which is the optimal number I wanted to run with (to include some Second Chance Showdowns).

I'll probably hold off on this till next weekend though due to timing (also Strawb's contest is beginning in earnest)

Don't worry about my comp. There's 14 parts which need to be scored first so I will work around everyone else who has one running.

Tournament Thread now up, starting tomorrow at 11am folks :)

Advertisement