Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current laptop bargains? Budget €400 max

Options
  • 14-05-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm looking for laptop mainly for browsing, watching the odd movie and perhaps light use of Word, Excel etc.

I'm not looking to spend a fortune but would like something that will do the job for the above type of usage.
    Hoping budget of €300 -€400 will get something decent if anyone has come across any bargains of late?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Harvey Norman have some ex display laptops in that range

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Thanks I had a look there.

This one seems decent and good value?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/asus-vivobook-15-15.6-ryzen-3-4gb-128gb-slate-grey.htm

Or worth spending a bit more and going for this one?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/hp-15.6-core-i5-4gb-500gb-4wu13es-abu.html

If anyone can advise as I am clueless re specs etc. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I cant advise on specs etc unfortunately. I'm looking for one myself at the moment and will be ordering one of those tomorrow. Just for regular browing and Microsoft office so nothing too high spec for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When you sign up to Lenovo newsletter you get 10% off purchase code. This looks like a good deal for whats there. I would add the 4gb RAM so it doubles up to 8gb, get the 1080p screen, and double the SSD drive to 256gb. The CPU is new generation CPU and equivalent to entry-mid range CPU generation from last year so its not bad.

That comes to 378 brand new. Shipping takes 4-5 weeks at this point though. I think 378 is v.good value for what is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

When you sign up to Lenovo newsletter you get 10% off purchase code. This looks like a good deal for whats there. I would add the 4gb RAM so it doubles up to 8gb, get the 1080p screen, and double the SSD drive to 256gb. The CPU is new generation CPU and equivalent to entry-mid range CPU generation from last year so its not bad.

That comes to 378 brand new. Shipping takes 4-5 weeks at this point though. I think 378 is v.good value for what is there.

Thanks for that. It looks to be a decent laptop. The only issue I have is it says it takes 5-6 weeks to ship and I was hoping to have something a little sooner!

Is there anything on the Harvey Norman link that you would particularly recommend? Or anywhere else that would ship a little sooner?

Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement