Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling shorts and jersey

Options
  • 14-05-2020 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Got myself a road bike and looking to buy shorts and jersey. Should I go a size up in the jersey as most are tight fitting? I’m usually a small in literally everything I’m thin. I tried on a few of my brothers (he wears medium jersey) and they fit perfectly!

Do you usually go a size up when buying/wearing a jersey? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Depends on the brand but I have jerseys which are size L and XLarge. Suggest you buy from your LBS where you can try on the jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

Got myself a road bike and looking to buy shorts and jersey. Should I go a size up in the jersey as most are tight fitting? I’m usually a small in literally everything I’m thin. I tried on a few of my brothers (he wears medium jersey) and they fit perfectly!

Do you usually go a size up when buying/wearing a jersey? Thanks!

Traditionally jersey sizes are one up from your regular T-shirt size, so a medium would be a large jersey size. Think it comes from Italian jersey manufacturers sizings being slimmer than us Celts. For aero purposes jerseys tend to be worn tight, but if medium is a good fit go with that, otherwise LBS is the way to go.

Everybody's different I would be a medium tshirt man but no way in this life time would I get a small jersey to fit me due to my tree trunk like neck, I'd cut off circulation to my head if I tried to zip up a small jersey fully :pac:

OP has the measure of his brothers kit so if it's ok then try something from whatever brand that was in the same size. When you are looking are shorts look at bib shorts and not just regular shorts.

Base layers are another thing to consider even this time of year. I always buy cheap on these unless it's for winter.

Advertisement