Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting the house painted

• 14-05-2020 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭

Hey fellow South Dubliners:
    I was just out there cleaning windows and realised that the outside of my house is an absolute disaster of peeling paint, flaking varnish and grubby, dusty pebbledash etc etc - awful.

Time was when I would have tackled the painting myself but it's a huge job, you have to do the sandpapering first, priming, all that, etc.

Now that I look, the interior is pretty shabby too.

Does any one know of a good painter (Obviously, when this lockdown business is over) (rolls eyes)

and most importantly, any idea how much it would cost?

Three bedroom semi with extension, that kind of thing, not a million miles from Stillorgan, not a council house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Hey OP

Dragging up your thread as I'm in a similar situation. If you have any good recommendations, would appreciate a PM!

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We used https://brianflanaganltd.com/ for a small commercial job. Excellent quality and the price was in line with other quotes received. No connection, but a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Hey fellow South Dubliners:
    I was just out there cleaning windows and realised that the outside of my house is an absolute disaster of peeling paint, flaking varnish and grubby, dusty pebbledash etc etc - awful.

Time was when I would have tackled the painting myself but it's a huge job, you have to do the sandpapering first, priming, all that, etc.

Now that I look, the interior is pretty shabby too.

Does any one know of a good painter (Obviously, when this lockdown business is over) (rolls eyes)

and most importantly, any idea how much it would cost?

Three bedroom semi with extension, that kind of thing, not a million miles from Stillorgan, not a council house.

Call into Stillorgan Decor, tell them you are getting the paint there and ask for a few recommended decorators. Cheapest isnt always best and neither is dearest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

This chap has painted a couple of my friends houses, they were happy with his work, but I've not seen it so can only go by friends account of him

https://www.facebook.com/thomaslawlor.paintingdecorating

21/25

Advertisement