Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race or Endurance

Options
  • 14-05-2020 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hello all, just look for some advice. I'm thinking of getting a new bike but i'm not sure if I want something more race orientated or endurance. The 2 bikes that have caught my eye are the Cannondale CAAD13 or the Scott Addict 10. My current bike is a Genesis Equilibrium that I love and i've been on plenty of long spins on. I plan on keeping this and getting something new. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mh_cork

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Hello all, just look for some advice. I'm thinking of getting a new bike but i'm not sure if I want something more race orientated or endurance. The 2 bikes that have caught my eye are the Cannondale CAAD13 or the Scott Addict 10. My current bike is a Genesis Equilibrium that I love and i've been on plenty of long spins on. I plan on keeping this and getting something new. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

You already have an endurance type of bike in the Equilibrium. Its a lovely bike (I have one too), so why not go for the racing one. Expect it to be a bit faster but not as comfortable as the Equilibrium.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,520 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

obvious question - what would you intend to use the new bike for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd keep the equilibrium and buy new wheels or upgrade some other part, a far nicer bike

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭timmyjimmy

obvious question - what would you intend to use the new bike for?

Going fast!

The Canyon Endurace is your two in one option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Going fast!

Up hills or through flats?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,520 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

CramCycle wrote: »
    I'd keep the equilibrium and buy new wheels or upgrade some other part, a far nicer bike
    yeah, i was looking at hunt 4 seasons wheels as a possible upgrade for my equilibrium.

Tony04 wrote: »
    Up hills or through flats?

A bit of both but prob more up hills

yeah, i was looking at hunt 4 seasons wheels as a possible upgrade for my equilibrium.

I've already got hunts 4 seasons on mine - great hoops! 10 speed campag too which is rock solid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Going fast!

Is it Tommy or Timmy

Stone mad for speeeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ocWVgmkUSk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

A bit of both but prob more up hills

If you want speed on the flat could just get a carbon aero wheelset on your current bike. If you want something lightweight for climbing something like the canyon ultimate 8.0 would be lovely bike. Things to consider disc vs rim and also maybe looking used as you can get good bargains used.

Advertisement