Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegal building

Options
  • 13-05-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some general advice due to some ongoing situations regards my property. I live in a rural area with individual sites all built upon and all having right of way to the main road by owned by a 3rd party, this 3rd party owns land at the end of the road that he is seeking to sell which lies outside the towns development boundary. It seems that this 3rd party has subsequently "sold" some of this land as large sums of cash was seen being handed over to this 3rd party by some very very dodgy looking individuals now only a few days later machinery has been brought to the land to begin "clearing the site" is this legal? Is there anything I can do about this? I am quite concerned as these buyers are quite intimidating. Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

[B]Mod
    Talk to your solicitor. Leaving open for general comment subject to forum rules
    [/B]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You could check the local authority website.
    Go into the planning section and search the site to see if there is any planning permission on it or application pending.
    If there is no planning permission granted and any construction or change of use takes place you need to report it to the Enforcement Section in the Planning Department immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Email your local councillors .
    Phone the Council.

Advertisement