Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid etiquette. Covetiquette?

Options
  • 13-05-2020 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Probably belongs in the Coronavirus forum but fack it, I'm a rebel.

What are the things you've noticed that you would deem as utterly socially unacceptable behaviours since these "uncertain and unprecedented times" kicked off?

I'll start:

Zoom / video calls: when everyone else has their camera on, and one fcuker decides to leave his switched off. I immediately hate that guy.

When walking with a group / family anywhere, not walking in single file or making any effort to distance as another human approaches. Infuriating.

Starting emails with "I hope you're safe and well". WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN, especially when the rest of your email is business as usual with blatant disregard for this whole clusterfcuk of a situation.

Blindsiding someone in a supermarket aisle and reaching over them to select something, instead of standing back and waiting for them to move on.

Anything else i'm not thinking of? What's driving AH mental during these wild and exciting lockdown times? Let the debate rage.

Comments

bitofabind wrote: »
    Starting emails with "I hope you're safe and well". WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

I think it means that one hopes another is safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Definitely the group/families not being considerate and going in single file. Also people stopping of a chat, keeping the required 2 metres apart - at either side of the footpath, leaving others having to go to the middle of the road to get by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I'm doing great where i am. But then i am single and a certified oddball.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Elliejo wrote: »
    Definitely the group/families not being considerate and going in single file. Also people stopping of a chat, keeping the required 2 metres apart - at either side of the footpath, leaving others having to go to the middle of the road to get by.

Waterford Whispers do a great takedown on those clowns...
    https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/04/30/walking-etiquette-during-covid-19/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Waterford Whispers do a great takedown on those clowns...
    https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/04/30/walking-etiquette-during-covid-19/
    Chatting to other people is only allowed if you take up the entire footpath, shop entrance or alleyway. And for the love of God don’t make eye contact with other people approaching as you’ll have to move out of their way. Just keep talking like they’re the **** between your toes.

Very funny and unfortunately, very true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The walking on random sides of the footpath. It's not that hard treat it like a road. Ye all drive cars and are capable of driving on the left so walk to the left people. This dodging each other like a couple of akward teenagers at a school disco is a nightmare. LEFT LEFT LEFT. Ahh that felt good. :)

Advertisement