Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build cost

Options
  • 13-05-2020 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I'm just looking for some information on how much a new build would cost to build by square metre/foot at the moment. Thanks for any information in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

Impossible to say without knowing location and spec.

If you need a number, try 2000 per SQM in Dublin commuter area. That would include professional and council fees.

It could be 30%+ off though.
    You can spend 5k on a kitchen or 50k.

Also, prices might be very different in six months than now.

An architect should be able to give you a rough estimate based on the design. A QS would be able to give you fairly accurate numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator
    excludes site cost and assumes all services in place

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Build costs of €2k - €2.5k depending on spec and can increase a lot based on spec.
    If your looking for a beer mat number to work out a mortgage application in principle use 2.5k at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I'm just looking for some information on how much a new build would cost to build by square metre/foot at the moment. Thanks for any information in advance

Going through all this at the moment. Just at pre-planning stage and my architect reckons, in my area (100 km from Dublin) it's 1.3k to 1.6k per square metre for finished house, all in. This would be one of the better value regions to be fair.

Did he include council fees, professional fees, water/electrical connection fees, driveway, landscaping etc. In the figures or was it just for the house build cost?

• Advertisement

dubrov wrote: »
    Did he include council fees, professional fees, water/electrical connection fees, driveway, landscaping etc. In the figures or was it just for the house build cost?

Yeah, all in minus the professional fees and site purchase.

Planning contribution is not huge here (still too much mind you) and he reckoned above average finish, airtight with ufh, triple glazed and heat pump.

I've prices coming in over next couple weeks so I'll see if he's correct.

All the above would be pretty standard in a new build fur to the new regulations. You need airtightness, triple glazing and a heat pump (or solar) to meet the Part L requirements,

Your architect should have a reasonable idea if he has worked on any recent builds but you won't know for certain until you see the tender responses.

One other thing to add is that apart from location, self-building (i.e. managing the build yourself) could reduce the costs considerably.

dubrov wrote: »
    All the above would be pretty standard in a new build fur to the new regulations.

Yeah.

Advertisement