Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obeying the 5km restrictions?

Options
  • 12-05-2020 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I've bought a second hand bike a few weeks ago, with gyms closed and no Gaa games to ref I wasn't getting much exercise and had the itch to get a bike again.

I haven't cycled properly in over 5 years having raced at A3 previously.
    I got an older Cervelo R3, lovely bike, very happy with it.

Obviously with the restrictions in place it's not advised to be going out on longer spins. I'll be honest and say I've stretched the new 5k radius. Have you??
    I met 5 or 6 groups of 2's and 3's over the weekend and judging by where we were(rural west of Ireland), they were also breaking the 5km radius.

Are you sticking to the guidelines, is cycling longer distances on your own on country roads going to cause any issues??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Thanks.. cyclists have a bad reputation already... this type of behaviour adds to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Please dont continue to do this. Doesnt matter what you see or hear peoples doing, stay within your zone so we can all get out of this on the otherside and not tar the reputation of cyclists any further.

5km radius provides a lot of options for loops. Be smart.

Im injured the past 2 weeks but I actually havent cycled on a road at all since lockdown started due to the risk of having an fall and putting stress on the healthcare system, there will be plenty of time when this is over to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

5km radius gives 30km loops easy enough. Use https://2kmfromhome.com/5km/ to see what kind of routes you can create within that 5km radius.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Not worth it, just don't do it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement