Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork and crime

Options
  • 12-05-2020 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

https://www.thejournal.ie/cork-man-jailed-killing-grandfather-5096816-May2020/

Looking at papers etc over the last while it seems like the above article there’s an awful lot of bad things happening in Cork city and county . There was always murders in Dublin over the drug world and the size of Dublin City but Cork city and county always struck me as honest and peaceful spots more so than Limerick or Dublin . I know ireland has an awful lot more crime than it used but places in cork keep coming up lately with some horrific stories .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Lot of bad stuff happening every where now, not just Cork,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Real Capital of Crime!!! :pac:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The Real Capital of Crime!!! :pac:

Anything you can do, we can do better:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The media have a lot of power in determining the respective images of our cities.

Limerick gets a bad kicking. One of the UL stats professors proved it straight out.

I think rape in Galway is proportionately higher than it ought to be but that doesn't get discussed. There is a tourism show to keep on the road.

'Lots of bad stuff happening every where now' is an accurate a statement as any you'll find in our papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Good news doesn't sell. The country is safer than it ever was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

I doubt that very much , some terrible deaths in recent months like that young rugby Player from Bandon stabbed to death at a party in cork , a young bloke stabbed to death in ballybough near Croke Park recently , a man stabbed to death in Enniscorthy lately ..... all mad stuff .
    Drugs , lack of community spirit , TV , lack of saying a few prayers etc etc have led to many not giving a fcuk about their neighbours or anyone only themselves

Unfortunately, courts statistics do not seem to support this! Unless you believe that AGS are resolving more crime!!!

Advertisement