Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A steer in difficult times

Options
  • 11-05-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Bit of advice needed;

Not looking for a diagnosis but struggling on over the last 2 months with extremely sensitive top and bottom rear teeth on one side. Its been hard to pinpoint and a couple of calls with the dentist raised the possibility of bruxism.

After a period of less pain (1 or 2 daily on the scale) it took a turn when I bit down hard while eating and a heavily filled upper rear molar gave me significant pain that radiated into cheek bone, lower jaw, lower teeth and lower lip. Oddly when I suck creating pressure in my mouth I get the same level of excruciating pain from the tooth / gum.

I'm convinced this tooth / area is the reason for the generalised pain and concerned about infection, need for root canal etc.

Currently on both Nurofen and Paracetamol trying to manage this as best I can, as I write this I have a pulsing pain behind my cheek bone on the same side.

Wouldn't normally be on boards with this type of thing but I know a few that post here know their stuff, options are limited and my dentist has successfully managed to fob me off, have to say I wasn't too keen either in risking a visit.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

[quote="AmberGold;113407190"Its been hard to pinpoint and a couple of calls with the dentist raised the possibility of bruxism.....options are limited and my dentist has successfully managed to fob me off, have to say I wasn't too keen either in risking a visit.[/quote]

A huge number of my colleagues have been providing telephone advice such as this, free of charge. (Solicitors are notorious for billing by the minute!)
    The next few days should tell a lot in terms of where dental practices go from here.
    You may have to transfer to another practice that is open & has PPE, for treatment of this issue.

Advertisement