Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book depository non delivery

Options
  • 10-05-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Ordered book from book depository 5 april got email to say it was dispatched on 16 april but no sign of it yet. I know things might be different now with covid 19 but i dont think it should take over 3 weeks for delivery. Got onto them by pm on Facebook today and they said they cant trace items posted by standard mail and that i should ask the local postage service to see what they say..... what is an post going to say, oh yes its in the back of your postmans van?
    Anyone any thoughts? Was paid for with PayPal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

I'd ask for your money back. I ordered three books from from them a few weeks ago. They all arrived within a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Got onto them by pm on Facebook today and they said they cant trace items posted by standard mail and that i should ask the local postage service to see what they say..... what is an post going to say, oh yes its in the back of your postmans van?
    Anyone any thoughts? Was paid for with PayPal

An Post process 3 million items a day. Royal mail process over 25 million items a day. Ask them what process royal mail or an post should use to track an unregistered item?

I'd love to know their answer

Just open a dispute with Paypal and get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

i didnt even bother asking an post.
    i told the book depository i didnt receive the book and in fairness to them they are posting a new one out to me, no questions asked. will buy some more books off them now due to their good service

silver2020 wrote: »
    An Post process 3 million items a day. Royal mail process over 25 million items a day. Ask them what process royal mail or an post should use to track an unregistered item?

I'd love to know their answer

Just open a dispute with Paypal and get a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They took 3 weeks with one for me. Quality site, glad they sorted it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I ordered 4 books from them. Due to delays in lockdown, one came about 2 weeks later followed by the other 3. I think it's a great site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

update on the non delivery- book depository asked to confirm my address. I had originally input 001 as my post code as i always do with all orders online and when the asked me to confirm my address i asked them to include the correct po address just to be on the safe side. they are now saying that i input the wrong address originally and they now wont send another book out. They are now refunding the price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

duffysfarm wrote: »
    update on the non delivery- book depository asked to confirm my address. I had originally input 001 as my post code as i always do with all orders online and when the asked me to confirm my address i asked them to include the correct po address just to be on the safe side. they are now saying that i input the wrong address originally and they now wont send another book out. They are now refunding the price

Seems fair enough why would you deliberately not include your post code originally?

Advertisement