Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saw a Merc B-class on an FCP earlier

Options
  • 10-05-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

In Lucan. Plugged into AC. I thought these yokes could only charge fairly slowly, best case is on 3-phase where it looks like 11kw charging is possible?

I wonder does the owner know that with their own cable they can charge at an SCP for a fraction of the cost?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

n97 mini wrote: »
    In Lucan. Plugged into AC. I thought these yokes could only charge fairly slowly, best case is on 3-phase where it looks like 11kw charging is possible?

I wonder does the owner know that with their own cable they can charge at an SCP for a fraction of the cost?

They'll learn the hard way.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Was it this lad?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113399447&postcount=67

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

It was white, but I was the other side of the car park (FCPs no good to me) and the eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I didn't see reg or get a good look at the man and woman that emerged from the car.

He says in that video that charging is free for 2 months of you're on the €5 a month subscription plan... which makes no sense if you can only slow charge. Does he have another (FCP-able) EV?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,979 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Maybe they needed the juice.
    Is there a SCP close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

JPA wrote: »
    Maybe they needed the juice.
    Is there a SCP close?

Yep. SCP at Leixlip Louisa Bridge train station is ~3 miles away.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

He says in that video that charging is free for 2 months of you're on the €5 a month subscription plan... which makes no sense if you can only slow charge. Does he have another (FCP-able) EV?

Pre-exisiting eCars members were offered a free 12 month subscription, eCars have extended this to 14 months due to the current situation. You still have to pay the per kWh fee and any overstay charges incurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

B Class can charge at 11 kW on any 3 phase charger including Fast AC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

My understanding of these is that they were only supplied with a single phase cable so unless the person bought a three phase cable, they cannot get the 11 kW the cars charger is capable of.

Advertisement