Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDPR & Employer Retaining Data

Options
  • 10-05-2020 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hello all,

- I worked for a company in Dublin
    - I was never happy with the peer review performance system which is all stored on a database internally. Nothing salacious in there about me but I'd like it wiped if possible. Company is known for not having the best data management practices.
    - I managed to leave the company amicably.

Question: Is it okay for me now that I've left to ask them to wipe all performance reviews under GDPR legislation? (To be clear I don't want to see it, I don't need it for legal reasons, I just want it wiped)

I know some things they will have to keep like employment history (for references), tax info etc but unsure of what can be kept/removed.

Appreciate any help in advance,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Pretty sure they would have to keep it for legal reasons at least. But even if they van delete it, is it worth the bridges you will potentially burn doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 eastwaller

Pretty sure they would have to keep it for legal reasons at least. But even if they van delete it, is it worth the bridges you will potentially burn doing it

Thanks for reply. Not concerned about burning bridges, rather know under GDPR legislation from someone that is more familiar on the topic than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

There's a statutory period of 3 years for a lot of record types that pertain to employees, so you will have a wait either way, depending on how clean a slate you wanted.

Employee reviews days wouldn't be necessary though unless there was days pertaining to other employees contained in there for some reason.

Advertisement